Saturday 2 June 2007

Reappearance

Although this page has been quiet for over two months, my life has been anything but.. however, final exams are done now and graduation a few weeks away. I've shooting for further study next year, to give me the chance to carry on reading and writing about the issues I'm interested in, and on an even more personal level, to clarify my own sense of purpose and direction in life. The question that needs answering: how do I find a way of living that does the least harm, does the most good, and gives me the opportunity to fulfill my potential? I didn't mention that question on my recent applications for postgrad study, but in my own way, answering that question is part of why I've chosen that option. The element of that decision which feels least comfortable just now is the choice to stay within the educational system, so often criticised for producing dry intellectuals cut off from reality. How to avoid becoming one of those? I hope that part of the answer lies in my choice to approach any further education in a critical manner, in a way which does not simply accept education for education's sake. To be continued..

1 comment:

Dewiniaeth said...

So much of your thinking process sounds like mine! It's so rare to find people my age who are thinking about these things. At least most of the people I've found are much older. (I'm assuming you're about my age... I'm 24.)